The Musical Theatre Camp will be run by Silver Canvas Productions, which has a long history with staging quality theatrical productions at Branksome Hall.
In this special Camp opportunity, professional artists, musical directors, choreographers, dancers, actors and playwrights will work with your children to develop their professional Performing Arts skills, through activities, games and structured learning.
At the end of the two weeks, campers will put on a musical theatre show, such as Wicked, for parents and the community-at-large. Artists who have taught our students in the past include Adrian Marchuk (Frankie Valli in Jersey Boys), Mike Nadajewski (Jesus Christ Superstar) Broadway, Raymond Miller (Mamma Mia), Carly Hall (Guys and Dolls) and Norman Nurmi.
The goal of the Performance Arts Academy is to prepare students for acting, dancing, and singing careers in theatre. Our mission is to provide a practical, hands on education that emphasizes the skills needed by a professional actor, dancer and singer in today's competitive environment. Students who are passionate about the arts are encouraged to enroll in this diverse program.
Through these programs we seek to do the following:
- Encourage teamwork, inspire self-confidence and strive to light up the imagination.
- Offer young people unlimited opportunities to discover and develop hidden talents.
- Engage families and neighbours in celebrating the power of youthful imagination through student performances.
- Help children learn the craft of professional theatre.
- Expose students to a variety of theatre forms: dance, improvisation, playwriting, scene study and monologue work.
- Give a rare opportunity to work with professional artists from the community.