What is it about? - How trends in the PRESENT let us predict and plan for the FUTURE
Who is it for? - Students interested in social issues, looking to improve their reading skills.
Why do we offer it? - To encourage young readers to practice critical reading skills and explore social and political issues through Science Fiction genre of literature!
How is it taught? - Dissecting, analyzing, and discussing short stories and learning new skills.
1. "Barney", by William Stanton
2. "The Pedestrian", by Ray Bradbury
* Time Travel:
1. "And it Comes Out Here", by Lester Del Rey
2. "Traveler: All Clock", by Keith McLachlan
1. ACTIVE Reading
2. Critical Thinking
3. Taking Notes
1. Futurism Assignment - Create-your-own Science FIction!
2. Rewriting History Assignment - Exploring the Butterfly Effect
Recreational Instructional Intense or Competitive