IGNITE LAB - INVENTING COOL TECH
Join Ignite Lab for a 5 day of Technology leadership and entrepreneur camp. Whether you have an idea or you are simply curious, this camp will teach kids the art of developing ideas into real products with cutting edge technology and design thinking principles.
Select from three real life problems for which no solution exists
Design , Experiment, Build
- Using Design Thinking principles, campers will learn to connect with their audience, ideate, prototype and test a working model
- Campers will get introduced to a suite of emerging technologies from which they will choose to solve their real wold problems.
What will you learn?
- Engineering design process
- Design Thinking process
- Prototype design
- Circuits Basic
- Programming basic
- 3-D Printing
- Presentation skills
- Product Pitch
What will you make?
- Campers will work with 3D modelling to make their prototypes
- Campers will convert models via 3D printing
- With use of required technology, campers will build and program a working prototype of the model
- Campers will prepare a product pitch
What will you take?
- 3-D printed models
- Micro:bit board kit and accompanying sensors, motors and extension boards
- Project ideas and prepared pitch
- Competition award. All teams get awarded a recognition.Campers will compete for the following categories:
- Problem Solver
Where will you go?
- This camp will visit a tech company or the company leadership will visit us for Expo
- This camp may also have a topic related field trip