Mother’s Day - Fun & Connection Weekend Join us for a unique Feast of The Five Senses filled with Horses, Fun, Freedom, Food and Wellness! This is a time for New Beginnings and New Connections. Come sample the following menu:
See – the beauty of our multi-colored horse herd, learn to watch for things from the corner of your eye, develop your peripheral vision to increase your awareness of the world around you
Touch –the horses, the earth, the chickens, the trees, the grasses to fine tune your senses and enjoy the diversity at the ranch
Smell – Breathe deep and take in the aroma of horses, wood smoke, flowers, the wildlands, the wetlands and more, become more tuned into your surroundings
Hear –Enjoy the howl of the coyotes as the campfire crackles, the haunting call of the loon as dusk changes to dark, the whinny of a horse as he calls to his friends... Learn to distinguish what the noises are and not be afraid of the dark.
Taste – Savor the many flavors of life. Let your taste bud explore delicious foods, make campfire bannock, taste the difference in home grown foods, become more aware of the chemicals that exist in many foods = healthier food choices and increased health.
· Walk and Talk with the horse herd to pick your “horse partner” - learning about how energy attracts you to certain beings.
· Heart to Heart connections to the horses on the ground and in the saddle - allow yourself to "feel" and give to another sentient being
· Meditative Trail ride through our Enchanted and Magical Forests - Savor the stillness and wonder that surrounds you.
· Wagon ride to Thunder Lake and short hike to the shoreline - sample all the 5 senses on this Wildland walk
· Lots of time for horse watching to learn more about horses - increases your knowledge of how the "herd" is a community of beings, that can be quite similar to human herds.
· Nightly campfires, happy yapping = Fun, laughter, relaxing, all healthy activities
· Star gazing in our incredible “dark sky” - feel the immenseness that surrounds us and be in awe!