Over the years, many of our older, returning day campers have shown interest in… ‘just getting out there…’ and having the whole day to explore, learn, play and build woodland skills! This day camp is designed to answer that. It will run at the same time as our regular day camp and at times will connect with that group but will, for the most part, be a group of young people out and about on the land.
This program will be similar to (and have connections with and compliment) our EC Leadership day camp program but will be less focused on working with the younger campers and more focused on; well, Woodland Adventures and building outdoor knowledge, skills & experiences.
Skills & Program Content
- Wilderness Skills, Adventures & Challenges
- Nature-based games & programs
- Landscape Stewardship & Restoration
- Building confidence and self-esteem
- Developing Teamwork Skills
- Taking responsibility for one’s actions
- Building Naturalist Knowledge & Outdoor Skills
- Timeless experience & exploration in nature
This program is run at our Environment Centre in Peterborough by our knowledgeable, caring staff. They will work to create a safe and supportive environment for campers that will allow them to stretch their edges, learn and grow.
Check Availability and Register Online