This action packed 2-week session involves a series of adventure-based activities led by our experienced staff and qualified instructors at each facility. This intensive program never stops challenging campers with adventure activities from start to finish. Our staff promote an enriching and leadership-focused environment for the campers as they work together to develop a positive and confident attitude toward themselves and others in a non-competitive, nurturing environment.
Sample Activities from Previous Years (subject to revision):
- team-building and initiative games
- climbing wall, low and high ropes at Camp Kawartha
- outdoor rock climbing at the Eagle’s Nest in Bancroft
- mountain biking at Sir Sams
- white water kayaking at Palmer Rapids with Paddler’s Co-op
- canoeing to sister islands (day trip)
- canoeing in one of our Voyageur Canoes to Peterborough, and traveling through the Peterborough Lift Locks (day trip)
- swimming at Burleigh Falls (day trip)
- day trip to the Petroglyphs
- traditional camp activities with other campers
- evening campfires
Each trip is led by qualified staff at each facility. Throughout the session, campers will build on their individual hard skills, soft skills and a foundation of teamwork with other campers and with the support of their staff members.
Recommendation: To help gain valuable team-building skills and tripping experience prior to taking leadership courses, we suggest that campers consider completing either this ‘Challenge and Adventure’ program or the ‘Wilderness Canoe Trip’ before applying for the ‘Counsellor Skills Development’ and ‘Leader-In-Training’ courses.
All rates are in Canadian dollars, and are subject to 13% HST