Study skills your child will learn
Every child has unique study needs, whether your family is focused on getting those As or turning frustration into confidence. Some kids can benefit from school time management tips. Others need study tips to effectively take tests. And yet others need help managing advanced coursework as they prepare for college.
With our study skills program, your child gets the individual help he or she needs at the personal pace that works best. Depending on needs and study goals, our program covers the following skill sets:
- Study strategies to become an independent and effective student.
- School time management tips and organizational habits to better manage time and responsibilities.
- Active reading strategies, including reading comprehension strategies, to read better in every class.
- Active listening strategies and presentation skills to communicate clearly.
- Effective note taking strategies and how to use study tools, such as flash cards and color coding, to study efficiently and improve test scores.
- Test taking strategies to take tests and quizzes with confidence, tackle different types of tests and manage testing anxiety..
- How to write effectively, such as mastering all the steps of the writing process.
- How to navigate college admissions requirements, including a college admission essay.
What to expect from our study skills program
Our tutoring experts will:
- Instill life-long study skills in your child that will pay dividends far beyond school.
- Share effective study tips that will make homework assignments, school projects and big tests much more manageable.
- Reinforce positive behaviors and attitudes. Our tutors are experts at motivating and recognizing children for every skill learned, building your child’s confidence.
- Give your family convenient scheduling options.