IDEA Lab Kids provides campus enrichment classes, after-school care, summer camps, birthday experiences, workshops, open labs, mobile birthdays, traveling classes and mobile pop-up workshops for children ages 4-14. Children can take a variety of classes, including coding, cooking, game design, robotics and virtual reality. Our classes are taught by staff members recruited from local universities, colleges, and accreddited institutions. IDEA Lab Kids prides itself on providing a safe and inclusive learning environment for everyone.
One of the great things about camp is that it can grant children a broader sense of what they’re capable of, and get them in front of people who exemplify the full extent of those capabilities. Idea Lab Kids is a great example of that. It looks like a lot of fun, and it is, but the programs also get kids working together on shared activities and projects that grow a facility with science, design, and engineering. That the Idea Labs Kids programs were first developed by a woman in science, Ghazal Qureshi, adds a nice perspective to the venture. While it’s gradually changing, girls tend to be underrepresented in the science disciplines, and both for them and the boys too Qureshi serves as a particularly great role model and mentor, even if she isn’t front and centre in participants minds. Learning is important, thought these programs know that it can take many forms—social, personal, academic—and rightly works to develop all those areas. The Calgary locations were the first in Canada, with Oakville a close second, after first being established in the US. Idea Lab has now expanded to 87 throughout the world, including those in Ecuador and Lebanon. That adds a depth to the programs, with rich human and material resources beyond what you see at first glance. New offerings are developed continually, by a dedicated team tasked to grow the programs while keeping abreast of best practices and emerging technologies.
IDEA MEASURES: Your health and safety is our priority!
1. We're sanitizing everything on our campus upon arrival (door handles, toilet handles, water fountains, sink knobs, tables, chairs) and de at departure. Hands will be washed frequently throughout the day and when switching classes.
2. To ensure your health and safety we are doign forehead temperature checks upon entrance. Anyone with a temperature of 99 degrees will be sent home. There would be zero tolerance for any cold/flu-like symptoms including allergies.
3. We will require pick=up and drop-off of children outside of the campus to minimize health risks, unless there is a legitimate need for you to enter.
4. We are only running classes with smaller capacity students. (10:1, or 8:1 at the very smallest)
5. All students must register ahead of time to ensure you have a spot when arriving onto campus. A table is set for check ins/check-out.
6. We're keeping social distancing a priority - Students will sit every other chair and there won't be direct touch/play with other students
7. Food Sharing is not going to be allowed. Lunch and snacks from home is recommended options.
8. Our floors and tables are re-designed for dictated traffic flow and workspace
9. Restroom/water fountain use will be one at a time. We suggest to bring a water bottle to avoid using the fountain.
10. Our staff will be wearing masks and face shields throughout our campus hours.View recent COVID-19 updates from Idea Lab Kids Oakville
click to view number
Thank you for using Camps.ca — An Our Kids platform.
Trusted by Families since 1998.
Thank you for your interest in Idea Lab Kids Oakville. They will be in touch with you shortly.
Thank you for your interest in Idea Lab Kids Oakville. They will send you information about this session: