What is it about? - An in-depth book reading program that connects students with the stories.
Who is it for? - Students who love to read and watch movies.
Why do we offer it? -To practice reading comprehension and critical thinking skills.
How is it taught? - In class: reading together, discussions, presentations, and comparison between the book to the movie; Homework: vocabulary and reading comprehension.
ABOUT THE BOOK - Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing
Author: Judy Blume Lexile Rating: Q - 470L
A story of the mischievous Fudge who wreaks havoc on the lives of his family, especially that of his older brother, Peter. Peter, the fourth grade "nothing," writes about his two-year-old brother Fudge's ridiculous and bad behaviour.
1. Identify characteristics & character development
2. Identify conflict & resolution
3. Understand & Summarize Plot
1. Reading Comprehension Questions
2. Creative Depictions of Significant Chapters of Book
3. Write OWN chapter (with plot, character, conflict, etc.)