What is it about? - An in-depth book reading program that connects students with the stories.
Who is it for? - Students who love to read and watch movies.
Why do we offer it? -To practice reading comprehension and critical thinking skills.
How is it taught? - In class: reading together, discussions, presentations, and comparison between the book to the movie; Homework: vocabulary and reading comprehension.
ABOUT THE BOOK - Matilda
Author: Roald Dahl Lexile Rating: S -840L
Matilda is a child of wondrous intelligence. But unfortunately she is different from the rest of her family. Ignored at home all the time, Matilda escapes into a world of reading, exercising her mind so much she develops telekinetic powers...
1. Identify characteristics & character development
2. Identify text to media connections
3. Book & Movie comparison
1. Reading comprehension and analysis
2. Theme exploration: Response to literature
3. Re-write the end of the story with YOU as an additional character