Born to Act? Love to Perform?
Explore the fundamentals of acting, techniques, theatre vocabulary, meet great acting teachers and learn from impactful performances. Through games, exercises, readings, reflections, video and discussions, we will dive into the world of acting! Memorize your lines and prepare for your monologue, when you're done this Introduction to Acting course, you will be so ready for your next audition! A course for students who are new to acting or want to build their skills.
Designed to inspire and challenge independent learners, students will complete daily modules and activities at their own pace. They will also have the opportunity to join at least two live sessions to interact and meet with their instructor and fellow peers. ESU is where students can discover a future career!
What will you learn?
- fundamentals of acting
- acting techniques, methods, and approaches
- new skills and build on your current skills (character development, Improv, and more)
- theatre vocabulary
- scene study
- performance analysis
- and more
How will you learn?
- through self-guided learning, activities, and expert lectures
- using the Queen's University Online learning platform: onQ
- engaging in group and independent activities
- through online activities, demonstrations, discussions
The ESU and Queen's University difference:
- access to exclusive video and expert lecture content
- access to Queen’s dedicated online learning management system, onQ.
- mentorship (summer program)