Students will begin the week by learning and sharing top thematic styles utilized by social video content creators across platforms. Students will learn the methods used by creators to publish different types of video and photo content to social networks YouTube, TikTok and Instagram. The week finishes as students create multiple examples of the types of posts they are most interested in mastering with the help of experienced content creators.
By the end of this course:
Students will be able to…
- learn to use digital editing software
- produce their own content
- make creative content for social media
- upload, brand, and promote content
Students will create…
- high-quality photographs
- targeted and considered video content
- an illustrated branding package
- a curated social feed
This course is one of our flagship Tech Camp experiences, infused with hands-on, project-based learning, designed to equip students with 21st-century technology skills. Students will engage in real-world problem solving and collaborate with fellow students to create solutions to some of the world’s biggest problems.
- Laptop or desktop computer running Windows or macOS that meets the minimum specifications of the hardware and software listed below.
- Built-in or external microphone
- Built-in or external speakers or headphones
- Google Chrome browser
- Additional computer screen/monitor (recommended)
- Phone with camera and app functionality
- Laptop or Computer (optional) (1:1)
Join us on the beautiful campus of The University of British Columbia for an immersive on-campus learning experience. Outside of your course-specific lesson times, you will have the opportunity to tour the campus and gain a better understanding of life after high school.