This course was developed and designed in coordination with educational developers of business schools, industry advisors, and students. While spending two weeks building their ideas into real businesses, students will develop an Entrepreneurial mindset exploring, researching, testing, and launching a new business. Students will work independently and with other students to think and execute with a problem-solving mindset. They will know how to come up with a business idea, test the market fit and develop a go to market strategy to scale up globally. Students learn about management and execution as well as fundamentals on how to scale up their businesses and how to create a launch plan and a sales and marketing strategy. Students will also learn negotiation and decision-making skills including change management and leadership. Students will learn fundraising strategies and how to present their business to investors. Students will use the tools and methodologies used by successful entrepreneurs.
By the end of this course:
Students will be able to…
- learn how Entrepreneurship is changing the global business landscape
- create, identify, and evaluate new business opportunities
- prototype a successful product, service, or experience
- design an initial business plan and go to market strategy
- understand how to fundraise new business and venture capital investments
Students will create…
- a Business Idea
- a Business Model
- a Revenue Model
- a Prototype of a Product or Service
- a Pitch Slide Deck
This course is one of our flagship Tech Camp experiences, infused with hands-on, project-based learning, designed to equip students with 21st-century technology skills. Students will engage in real-world problem solving and collaborate with fellow students to create solutions to some of the world’s biggest problems.
- Laptop or desktop computer running Windows or macOS that meets the minimum specifications of the hardware and software listed below.
- Built-in or external microphone
- Built-in or external speakers or headphones
- Google Chrome browser
- Additional computer screen/monitor (recommended)
Join us on the beautiful campus of The University of British Columbia for an immersive on-campus learning experience. Outside of your course-specific lesson times, you will have the opportunity to tour the campus and gain a better understanding of life after high school.