Take your software engineer mindset to the next level with advanced programming concepts like user-defined and built-in data structures, algorithms, recursion and networked application program interfaces. Efficiently perform operations such as sorting, searching and indexing, essential for high-performing applications.
By the end of this course:
Graduate with programs demonstrating your new skills presented professionally on your online portfolio.
Throughout this course:
Deep dive into the following areas of Computer Programming, as meticulously planned by our expert industry professional curriculum designers:
- Intro to Data Structures & Lists
- Data Structure: Tuples
- Data Structure: Dictionaries
- Data Structure: Sets
- Data Structures: Application Programs
- Data Structures: the Goodies
- Data Structures Revision Club
- Intro to Databases & SQL
- Working with DB-API
- Data Structures: Stacks
- Data Structures: Queues
- Searching: Hashing
- Sorting: Bubble & Selection Sort
- Sorting: Insertion & Merge Sort
- Web Apps Using Flask
This course forms part of Digital Media Academy’s Tech Accelerator program, our year-round, online, sequential learning journey for 13-18-year-olds. Tech Accelerators fuse expert instruction with real-world partnerships to get you university- and industry-ready. Over 8 Levels, you’ll curate a portfolio of Real-world Client Briefs from our leading tech and creative partners, attend Industry Masterclasses, get one-to-one Pro Mentor support and build a Career Network. Tech Accelerators: Fuel your 21st-century career.
- Laptop or desktop computer running Windows or macOS that meets the minimum specifications of the hardware and software listed below.
- Built-in or external microphone
- Built-in or external speakers or headphones
- Google Chrome browser
- Additional computer screen/monitor (recommended)
Join us on the beautiful campus of The University of British Columbia for an immersive on-campus learning experience. Outside of your course-specific lesson times, you will have the opportunity to tour the campus and gain a better understanding of life after high school.