Discover how to program an iOS app using Thunkable, an all new platform that allows students to create apps using a block based programming environment, a lot like Scratch. Throughout the iOS App Development camp, students will explore fundamental programming concepts and use these to create a basic app for iOS. Instructors will help the students along the way, ensuring that they are able to get through the more challenging parts of programming in Thunkable.
By the end of this course:
Students will be able to…
- describe Programming fundamentals
- write Variables & Loops
- use Conditional Statements
- create Algorithms
- describe UI Design
- make a basic mobile application
Students will create…
- several basic apps
- a Chatbot app
- a Whack-a-mole app
- a Social Media app
- their own mobile app
This course is one of our flagship Tech Camp experiences, infused with hands-on, project-based learning, designed to equip students with 21st-century technology skills. Students will engage in real-world problem solving and collaborate with fellow students to create solutions to some of the world’s biggest problems.
- Laptop or desktop computer running Windows or macOS that meets the minimum specifications of the hardware and software listed below.
- Built-in or external microphone
- Built-in or external speakers or headphones
- Google Chrome browser
- iOS or Android Device (optional)
- Additional computer screen/monitor (optional)
- Post-it Wall Pad
Join us on the beautiful campus of The University of British Columbia for an immersive on-campus learning experience. Outside of your course-specific lesson times, you will have the opportunity to tour the campus and gain a better understanding of life after high school.