Learn to problem-solve like a computer scientist and code like a software engineer using Python, the world’s most in-demand programming language. Develop an understanding of challenging concepts such as programming best practices, conditionals, Object-oriented programming (OOP), Integrated Development Environments (IDE), loops, debugging, Turtle graphics, functions and scoping, and HTML and CSS while developing your presentation skills and confidence.
By the end of this course:
Graduate with designs, flowcharts, and fully functioning Python programs, including a calculator, card shuffler, calendar and unit converter presented on your responsive HTML/CSS web portfolio.
Throughout this course:
Deep dive into the following areas of Computer Programming, as meticulously planned by our expert industry professional curriculum designers:
- The Way of Programming
- Intro to Web Dev & IDE
- Program Design, Python I/O & Import
- Web Dev: Text Formatting, Lists & Links
- Simple Data Types & Working with Strings
- Intro to CSS
- Conditionals & If Statements
- Web Design: Box Model & Responsive Layout
- Working with Loops
- Working with Functions & Scoping
- Python Revision Club
- Web Revision Club
- Intro to Object-oriented Programming
- CSS @keyframes, Transition & Animation
- Basic Data Types & Conditionals
This course forms part of Digital Media Academy’s Tech Accelerator program, our year-round, online, sequential learning journey for 13-18-year-olds. Tech Accelerators fuse expert instruction with real-world partnerships to get you university- and industry-ready. Over 8 Levels, you’ll curate a portfolio of Real-world Client Briefs from our leading tech and creative partners, attend Industry Masterclasses, get one-to-one Pro Mentor support and build a Career Network. Tech Accelerators: Fuel your 21st-century career.
- Laptop or desktop computer running Windows or macOS that meets the minimum specifications of the hardware and software listed below.
- Built-in or external microphone
- Built-in or external speakers or headphones
- Google Chrome browser
- Additional computer screen/monitor (recommended)
N.B. All software is open-source (free). Students will be supported during their first lesson to ensure software is installed and functioning correctly.
Join us on the beautiful campus of The University of British Columbia for an immersive on-campus learning experience. Outside of your course-specific lesson times, you will have the opportunity to tour the campus and gain a better understanding of life after high school.