Professional shooting techniques combined with hands-on learning show you how to use your DSLR camera to take world-class photographs. Master your DSLR camera as you learn professional workflows and manual camera controls like aperture, shutter speed, and ISO speed settings. Use Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop to edit your photos before creating a professional portfolio.
In this course, students will learn professional shooting techniques combined with hands-on learning to show how to use a DSLR camera to take world-class photographs. Students will learn professional workflows and manual camera controls like aperture, shutter speed, and ISO speed settings, as well as use Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop to edit photos.
By the end of the course, students will have a portfolio of professionally shot and edited photographs, and an understanding of how the photography industry works.
IMPORTANT: This course is Part 1 of the DMA "Digital Photography & Graphic Design Academy" -
Extend your learning across this two-course Academy and develop a deeper understanding and skill in this career pathway by taking the Part 2 course "Graphic Design with Photoshop & Illustrator."
This course is a Digital Media Academy | Pro course and requires specific hardware/software requirements. Please click here to view and download requirements.
Students will be able to…
- Explain the elements of a good composition
- Explain the effect of aperture, shutter speed, and ISO changes
- Troubleshoot and fix a "bad photo"
- Demonstrate photo manipulation techniques
- Organize and improve photos in post-production
Students will create...
- Portraits, landscapes, closeup, and product shots
- The purpose and value of an artist statement
- A fast and efficient way to batch edit many photos at once
- A series of images that tells a story
- A curated online portfolio of their work
Photographer, Digital Marketing, Graphic Designer