At Apostrophe Kids, students will learn to:
• read various texts and build a deeper understanding of the content
• write effective short responses and essays
• organize their thinking for written and oral work
• develop research skills
• deliver powerful presentations
• use media to enhance their experience
At Apostrophe Kids, we believe strong language skills will translate to successes in other subject areas such as solving word problems in Mathematics, researching for Social Studies, writing reports for Science, and public speaking throughout their academic career.
STEM and STEAM get a lot of attention these days, though how we express our ideas is just as important as how we arrive at them. Appreciating a well-crafted argument, and writing in a longer form than a tweet, is a key skill that kids will need to succeed in post-secondary and beyond, yet often can receive short shrift. At Apostrophe, kids have a chance to really drill down on effective communication, while also exercising a natural affinity for text, story-telling, and stories, with peers who share that area of interest.
click to view number